presents the 27th Annual
HOLIDAY CLASSIC SLOT CAR RACE
Saturday December 29th, 2018
You are invited!
Won’t you join us this year for the race that has become a Midwest tradition? All racing will be on Saturday December 29th.
Again this year we will use Formula-2000 rules. If you have never raced with these rules you will not be disappointed. The racing is inexpensive, close and exciting, and places a little more emphasis on the skill of the driver.
You will like the way races are run at Alpha, with even handed application of the rules, no surprises, little “wasted” time, reliable track power and lap counter, and few track calls. **Beat any of the class records and get a $50 merchandise bonus!
Formula 2000 Rules…
Formula 2000 rules are designed to promote high-speed racing but with lower cost, effort, & increased reliability. The goal of F2000 now as in the beginning is to increase participation.The features of Formula-2000 racing are...
- Spray Glue
- No motor changing. The maximum number of motors you would need is two. (One for the qualifying race & one for the main event.)
- Only two magnets are allowed per motor. (No 4,6,8,10 etc. magnet motors)
- Minimum weight: The minimum weight for Spec 15 is 73 grams, Box Stock 12 is 72 grams, Cobalt 12 is 50 grams, and minimum weights for Group 27, and Group 7 cars is 52 grams.
- Only solid steel axles are allowed. (No hollow, filled or lightweight materials.)
- There is no qualifying. Starting lanes are assigned randomly.
- For a complete list of rules visit the F2000 website.
155 foot Hasse Nillsen King. Recent changes to the track (Fall 2014) include new epoxy surface, new braid, change to positive gate wiring and replacing the old system with the SRT race director system. Recess Braid: .025" -.035". Power: 12.7 volts, batteries only. New batteries in 2015.
Formula-2000 track records to date:
Spec 15 - 24 min. - 367 laps by John Lopresto Jr.
Box 12 – 24 min. – 381 Al Harley
Cobalt 12 – 24 min.– 428 laps by Roney Fischler
Group 27 – 24 min. – 475 laps by Emerson Fischler
Group 7 – 40 min. – 796 laps by Jim Mayer
** Bonus...$50 in Alpha Bucks for a new track record in any class!!
- The Spec 15 class is restricted... It is intended for younger, older, less experienced, or less accomplished racers. All other classes are open to any racer.
Box Stock 12 - $15.00 entry fee – 24 minute main
Cobalt 12 - $15.00 entry fee – 24 minute main
Group 27 - $20.00 entry fee – 24 minute main
Group 7 - $30.00 entry fee – 32 minute main
Prizes: Plaques, donated merchandise and merchandise certificates. Every entrant will get a prize bag and merchandise certificate!
Because of the generosity of sponsors we guarantee the following payouts!
Group 7 1st - $200 2nd - $100 3rd - $50
Schedule…Friday December 28th
Raceway open 5 p.m.. – 10 p.m.
Saturday December 29th
Raceway opens at 8 a.m.
Spec 15 tech at 11 a.m.
Cobalt tech & racing follows Spec 15 race.
Box 12 tech & racing follows Cobalt 12 race.
Group 7 tech & racing follows Box 12 race..
Group 27 tech & racing follows Group 7 race.*There will be 30 minutes between classes for practice.